Sunday, August 2, 2009

So I Wonder Why It Is

See You In The Morning

by Nat.


First thing I see
At nine in the morning
It hurts my eyes
To see you smiling
So bright
How is it you manage to fit
A full day's work
Into seven hours with two ten minute breaks
I'd rather lurk
In the corner by the lamp
And watch you stamp
That pice of paper
Sixteen times over
With that quirky pout
And that flat-out
Bespectacled look on your face
I feel amused often
By the space that shall continue
To win you
Over
Oh take a break you
Daily expeditor
And pour yourself a drink
Go wash off the ink
From writing nonstop
About patient complaints and restraints
On little telly sets
That were stolen from the top bunk
With Bunkface
Playing on the stereo in a corner
You look almost like a mourner
You tired thing oh you
That's what happens
When you wake up everyday
To say "Hey Hey"
And drive off to work
With my coffee in your hand
And a little rubber band
Holding up your hair
Out of your face
Well that's what happens
When I see you in the morning
Good night.



No comments:

Post a Comment